Fleet Innovations Limited (No: 2107821) operates various web sites for the purpose of mileage expenses, GPS driver analysis and electric vehicle driver profiling or related services. A list of these sites can be requested by emailing the contact in section 7 of this document.
When we first obtain personal information from you, or when you obtain a new product or service from us, we will give you the opportunity to indicate if you wish to receive information from us about other services or products (to "opt in"). Normally this will be done by way of tick box on an application form or contract. You may revise the choice that you have made at any time by writing to us informing us of the change. This can be done by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by changing the appropriate settings in your personal profile registered with the site.
Some of the personal information we hold about you may be sensitive personal data within the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended from time to time). We will not use sensitive personal data about you other than for the specific purpose for which you provide it.
- COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- We may collect personal information about you from a number of sources, including:
- from you when you agree to obtain a product or service from us in which case this may include the following:
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services (including affiliates);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including vehicle registration details, mileage details and mileage reimbursement policy information);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including email details and payment information);
- any other information that you choose to send to us; and information submit and save to the web site and mileage capture system
- from you when you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us, in which case this may tell us something about your preferences;
- from publicly available sources.
- USE OF INFORMATION
- We will use personal information about you for a number of purposes, including:
- to help to identify you when you telephone us to make an enquiry - for example, by asking you for your reference number so that we can avoid disclosing information to a person who is not authorised by you to receive it;
- to write to you or to telephone you with information about other services or products either from us or from our carefully selected business partners. We will not use your information in this way if you have not opted in or otherwise not consented;
- to help us to administer accounts, services and products which we offer;
- to help detect fraud or loss.
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide third parties cloud based web systems with statistical information about our users for our own internal use.
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website; and
- optimise the use of PEAK Mileage Capture, PEAK Cash Allowance Optimiser, PEAK Fuel Optimiser and PEAK Grey Fleet services, CLeanPEA and all associated additional reporting and functionality.
- Information we hold about you and your preferences will help us to make sure that we contact you about things likely to be of relevance and interest to you.
- Whether or not you have "opted in" regarding the use of your information for direct marketing, it is our practice to search the Mailing, Telephone, Fax and Email Preference Services (as applicable) so that if you have registered your details with those Services you will not receive any direct marketing material from us via that channel.
- In some circumstances, we may do certain credit checks with licensed credit reference agencies when you apply to take a service or product. If this is applicable then it will be stated in our terms and conditions of business.
- CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
- As a general rule, we will not disclose any of personal information, in a form which would enable you to be identified, to anyone outside the Fleet Innovations Ltd associated companies, these companies may use personal information for any of the purposes set out above.
- We do not sell mailing lists to third parties for their marketing purposes. Where we have told you in advance, we may disclose certain information to third parties such as a vehicle related product providers.
- Where we believe in good faith that disclosure is required or permitted by law, information may be provided to others, such as the Police or the Inland Revenue.
- We may also disclose information for administrative and other purposes which we deem necessary to maintain service and improve the products and services provided over our network of websites.
- PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
- We maintain strict security measures in order to protect personal information (including any sensitive information e.g. alleged offences and proceedings). This includes following certain procedures, for example, checking your identity when you telephone us, encrypting data on our websites and in order to ensure compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
- You will be deemed to have explicitly consented to the processing by us of information (including any sensitive information) provided by you. Where you do not wish for us to make use of this information, please refrain from providing such information to us.
- THE INTERNET
- If you communicate with us via the Internet then we may occasionally use email to contact you about our services and products. When you first provide personal information to our website we will normally give you the opportunity to indicate whether you would prefer us not to contact you in this way. However, you can always send us an email at any time to change your preferences or you can change your personal profile details on the site.
- We use "cookies" to monitor site user traffic patterns and site usage. This helps us to understand how our customers and potential customers use our websites so that we can develop and improve the design, layout and functionality of the sites. A "cookie" is a piece of information that is stored on your computer's hard drive and which records your navigation of a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options to you based upon the stored information about your last visit. You can normally alter the settings of your browser to prevent acceptance of cookies.
- How to reject cookies
- Most web browsers will accept cookies, but if you would rather that we did not collect data in this way you can choose to accept all or some or reject cookies in your browser's privacy settings. Rejecting all cookies means that certain features cannot then be provided to you and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the website's features and you may be prevented from completing your purchase online. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
- For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org (http://www.allaboutcookies.org/). You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
- There are different kinds of cookies with different functions:
5.4.1 Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session. They are automatically deleted when the browser is closed. They usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page. They do not collect any information from your computer.
5.4.2 Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is one stored as a file on your computer, and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. We do not use persistent cookies other than for Google Analytics (please see the section on Google Analytics 5.7) and if you choose the web site to remember your log in.
- We do not use third-party or unsatisfactory cookies on our site, although we do use Google Analytics (please see the section on Google Analytics 5.7).
- Where strictly necessary These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the site. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our site cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Performance These cookies collect information about how visitors use a site, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. They also allow us to record and count the number of visitors to the site, all of which enables us to see how visitors use the site in order to improve the way that our site works. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor, as all information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how our site works.
- Google Analytics
- Web Beacons
We may also use pixel technology (sometimes called "web beacons" or "clear GIFs"), alone or in conjunction with cookies, to collect anonymous aggregated site user information such as page or promotion view counts or advertising responses. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you viewed a particular site tied to the web beacon, and a description of a site tied to the web beacon. This information may be used for general advertising and marketing purposes, including the facilitation of visitor counts, evaluation of web usage patterns and assessment of the effectiveness of our systems and web sites.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
- MONITORING OF CALLS
We may monitor and record communications we receive. This may be done to monitor and improve the service which we provide, for staff training purposes, to ensure compliance with our practices and procedures and where, for example, a contract is entered into by that means, to provide evidence of the transaction.
- FURTHER INFORMATION
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
As you may be aware, no data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure. As a result, while we would always use reasonable endeavours to protect the personal information you provide to us, we cannot guarantee the security of your information and your submission of data is thus at your own risk.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee of £10 will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Fleet Innovations Limited, Ground floor rear, Burgage Lodge, 184 Franche Road, Kidderminster DY11 5AD
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.